Saturday, December 4, 2010

LET THE NEGOTIATION BEGIN OVER TAX HIKE

GEE THE CONGRESSIONAL HOUSE PASSES A TAX HIKE TO KILL SMALL BUSINESS, THE ENGINE THAT CAN HELP LOWER UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE US. NOW THE SENATE HAD THEIR PICK AT IT AND NO DEAL THUS FAR. AND THE SQUEELLING CONTINUES FROM THE DEMS.
Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, Louisiana Democrat, lashed out at Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, on the Senate floor, saying she didn't know how Democrats were supposed to negotiate with him after the Kentucky Republican said before the elections that his top priority is to see Mr. Obama defeated in 2012.

Remember the Louisiana purchase of The Honorable Landrieo during passing of HR -3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act  (BHOCARE). She would sell WE THE PEOPLE down river in a heartbeat. Keep the pressure on Honorable Leader Mitch McConnell.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/4/senate-blocks-obamas-tax-plan/

Mr. Obama’s preferred plan fell 7 votes short of the 60 needed to overcome a filibuster and advance to a simple majority vote. The vote was 53 to 36, on a bill adopted by the House on Thursday to end the cuts on income above $250,000 a year for couples and $200,000 for individuals.

Guess who the token DEMS who voted against this bill:
Republicans voted unanimously against the House-passed bill, and they were joined by four Democrats — Senators Russ Feingold (defeated) of Wisconsin, Joe Manchin III (class I) of West Virginia, Ben Nelson (class I)of Nebraska and Jim Webb (class I)of Virginia — as well as by Senator Joseph I. Lieberman (class I), independent of Connecticut.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/reference/two_column_table/Class_I.htm

Senator Frank R. Lautenberg, Democrat of New Jersey, said he would benefit personally from a tax cut on income above $1 million. “I had a good business career, and I would be entitled to a tax cut for those over the million-dollar mark” he said. “But I don’t want it. I don’t need it. What I am looking at today, I think, is a great American travesty.”

IT'S NOT A TAX CUT, BUT  MAINTAINING THE CURRENT TAX RATE. SURE SENATOR, YOU REALLY CARE FOR US.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us/politics/05cong.html?_r=1&hp

See the votes:
http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/senate/2/258?ref=politics

No comments:

Post a Comment