Thursday, May 7, 2015

HOW IS IT REALLY LIKE TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT FLYING ACROSS INTERCONTINENTAL WATERS AS ONE SINGAPORE ATTENDANT EXPLAINS HER EXPERIENCE

A blog post detailing the struggles life as a flight attendant has gone viral in Singapore. The author, known only as “Hilary”, claims she was horribly overworked, harassed by passengers, and surrounded by temptation in the form of attractive co-workers and booze.

So she decided to tell all about her time in the skies, to mark a year since she quit her job with Singapore Airlines.

The blog post has received a mixed reaction, with many blasting her for being “spoiled”. Here are some of the most intriguing parts of what has been labelled by some as a “mega-rant”.

• It was physically draining

“Now that I’ve quit flying I feel like my lifespan has increased by 10 years ... After I quit, my parents told me that I became myself again. I was less grouchy, less quick to anger and I was nicer again.

“I had a love-hate relationship with the job. No doubt, on the surface it seems so glamorous and fun to be a crew, you get to shop in Paris, go to USA, have breakfast in Tokyo and lunch in LA but the work is tough. Crew really work very hard for the money!

“You are not only a waitress in the air, but also a safety officer, baggage porter, bar tender, toilet cleaner, policeman, babysitter, maid etc. The list goes on. Many girls don’t know this be they join and they’re in for the shock of their lives once they start the job ...

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/confessions-of-a-former-flight-attendant/story-fn6yjmoc-1227346538152

No comments:

Post a Comment